সর্ব-শেষ হাল-নাগাদ: ৯ ফেব্রুয়ারি ২০১৭
নৌ বাণিজ্য অফিস, চট্টগ্রাম
The Mercantile Marine Office, Chittagong is the subordinate office of the Department of Shipping responsible for controlling the shipping activities in accordance with the Merchant Shipping Ordinance 1983 for ocean going and coastal ships. The Principal Officer is the head of this Department. It has a branch office at Khulna for providing services to ships at Mongla Port. The main functions of the Mercantile Marine Office are:
1. Implementation of Merchant Shipping Ordinance 1983.
2. Registration, survey and inspection of ocean going and coastal vessels.
3. Issue of Safety Equipment Certificate.
4. Issue of Seaworthy Certificates to Vessels.
5. Issue of No Objection Certificate to vessels entering to and departing from the Port of Chittagong and Mongla.
6. Issue of dispensation, exemption of safety items and officers on board ship.
7. Ensure international obligation on safety of life at sea.
8. Attend to enquiries and investigations as to shipping causalities.
9. Conducting Examinations, as required.